BCA Architects conducted thorough facilities needs assessments of Freshwater School District’s two campuses, one K-6 elementary school and a charter middle school for grades 7-8, to assist in preparing for a $2.1 million bond measure on the June 2018 ballot. The District is also eligible for State matching funds through Proposition 51 and hardship monies to finance their projects. Among their high priority needs are:
- New STEM/maker’s lab/learning resource building
- Replacing non-permanent buildings with permanent facilities that implement 21st Century educational principles
- 21st Century learning upgrades to existing classrooms
- Code, health and safety updates
- Infrastructure improvements – storm drains, sewers, water supply systems, roofs/gutters, HVAC systems, electrical/lighting, fencing, dry rot, etc.